SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kamereone

Brom leaves browning from edges, any ideas?

kamereone
7 years ago

Got this guy off the uglies rack at the big box hardware store, lower leaves were all browned and dehydrated to a crisp, I assumed because it (and all the others) was dry as a bone. Took it home, trimmed off all the dead stuff... And a month later the same sort of crispy dry has been creeping in from the edges of the leaves. Doesn't seem to be restricted to the oldest/lowest/outer leaves, as there are some leaves totally unaffected outside/lower than affected ones.

No sign of pests. Ambient temp between 60-65, house humidity tops out around 35%, which I know isn't optimal (it's 12* F right now... You bet the heat is running!) but its in a mini-greenhouse, lots of water trays in there, I mist, keep the potting mix slightly damp, and fill/rinse the cup weekly. I have not repotted (read they weren't fond of it) but the medium looks to be along the lines of what I see sold as an 'Orchid Mix'.

This is my first Brom, so its new territory for me. The closest I can think of is how spider plants get brown tips if they're watered with tap water that's not aged... But this isn't just the tips, actually some tips are still green with the brown further up!

Any thoughts ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions