SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bidwellm

Help with New Construction Landscape Design Ideas

bidwellm
7 years ago

We just completed construction on our dream home, a handcrafted log home in Northern Michigan, so we basically have a blank slate to work with for our landscape design. The view side of our home faces north so the driveway/entrance side faces south. We are on 25 acres consisting of a large "meadow" with hardwoods along the outer perimeter of our property. We have plans to put a paver or stone patio area extending approx. 15'wx25'l from the center deck area on the view side with a pergola and fireplace of some sorts (note the current deck steps are temporary). We also plan on putting some large natural stone steps leading to the deck/main entrance on the driveway side as well as stone around the foundation. We would like to create a "wow" factor when you drive up since this side of the house doesn't have the same "wow" presence as the view side. Also, we haven't decided if we are going to install deck railing or leave it open as shown in the photos. My biggest struggle is that I'm not able to visualize things so I'm looking for some guidance on landscape design.

Comments (5)