SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdawn3

PMS after menopause.

bdawn3
7 years ago

My last period was approx 15 months ago and I'm about to turn 52yrs old. Since I have been more than 12 months without a period I consider myself to be post menopause.

However I still seem to be on some sort of monthly cycle. About a week before my period would normally start I begin to have my usual pms symptoms. I get bloated, have tender breast, appetite increases, become irritable and can't sleep. Then when my period would normally start I get all those symptoms too. I get cramps, headaches, sleep a lot and yet still feel tired, feel depressed and weepy. After about 5-7 days those symptoms start to abate until the whole cycle repeats the next month.

I also have the usual menopause symptoms throughout the month as well, like hot flashes and sleeplessness. So I guess my question is does anyone here still feel like they are on a monthly cycle even though they are well into menopause? I did a Google search of this and did come across a couple of women asking this same thing. These were "ask a doctor" type sites and in every case the doctors responded to the women that it's not possible but I know it's happening to me.

Comment (1)

Sponsored