SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_37127589

Weight & Clothes sizes...

User
7 years ago

15 years ago I was prescribed Adderall. My weight went down to 137 lbs. It made me sick a lot so I went off it. My weight went back up to 160 lbs.

3 years ago I went on Prednisone. Now I weigh 210 lbs.

So I have 2 closets, dressers and stacks of clothes ranging from skinny to fat. (Yes, my doctor said I'm morbidly obese because I'm 5'9 & small frame).

I haven't been able to mentally get rid of my skinny clothes - incase I get skinny again if I go off the prednisone. And I'm sick of buying more fat clothes, but for the past year I've leveled off at 210 lbs.

Meds really play with my weight, but I have to have them for my numerous medical issues.

Long story short. I'm afraid to get rid of my skinny clothes cause that means I'm accepting I'll be fat forever.....

Has anyone else gone thru weight fluctuations in adulthood & how did you handle it??

Last year I started eating healthy but there are days I can eat everything in sight.

I have emphysema and a piece of my lung was removed because of cancerous cells. So walking & exercise is difficult. I am trying to walk a little more, weather depending, with my service dog, but we go slow.

I just need to get into the right frame of mind and donate my skinny clothes & get it over with. I just haven't acquiesced yet.....

Comments (20)