SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ainsley1018

Need help with my Meyer Lemon!

Ainsley Lothrop
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have 2 meyers lemons, which i believe are about a year apart. I am starting to have (different) issues with both:

My larger one started blooming flowers, and starting to fruit almost immediately. Because i read not to repot while it has fruit, i haven't yet. Everything seemed fine over the past few months, but in the last week it seemed like it had a burst of energy, and now looking week. The 2 larger baby lemons (bigger than a marble) have fallen off, some of the smaller ones turning yellow, and one turning brownish color. I noticed a bit of a sticky substance on some of the fruit, but NOT anywhere on the leaves, flowers or branches. Most of the leaves look pretty healthy to me, and it keeps growing new branches.

My smaller guy ( which i also haven't repotted), just started blooming its first flowers, but the leaves have some yellowing around the edges.

As i said, i have not repotted these, and i have not fertilized. I have owned them for 4 months.

I water every 2 days, or when the soil is dry. The sit in a south-facing bay window, so they get light from sun up to sun down. I live in southern Connecticut, so it does get a little drafty by the window at night, but they are in my living room, so it stays pretty cozy in there.

I did have a little issue with spider mites 2 months ago. But, once a week for 2 weeks, i lightly rinsed them in the shower, sprayed with some neem oil, and added a humidifier to counter the very dry month, and (fingers crossed), haven't had issue since.

Sorry for my long winded post, but this is my first time with citrus, and as you can imagine, very disheartening to see my "bigger" lemons fall :(

I wound greatly appreciate any insight and advice! Thank you

"Little guy" first flowers, yellowing leaves
"Little Guy"

"Big Guy"
Turning from dark green to lighter
Hard to tell in pic, but the fruit has a sticky substance (Only on small fruit)
just noticed

Comments (2)