SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Social Security Card

schoolhouse_gw
7 years ago

I applied for a replacement social security card today, as I haven't had a physical card for many years. Used to have a paper card way, way back when. Then at some point I had a metal card, I think I sent for it from a magazine! Anyway both are in old wallets......somewhere. I've searched all over the house because I was convinced they were still in here, but I can't find the wallet or either card.

So, do you carry your SS card in your wallet or purse? I don't think that is wise now days. Even the guy at the SS office said it would be a no-no. And did you know they aren't suppose to be laminated? I didn't. I asked him if lamination was available and he said no, that something about it makes scanning the information on the card impossible. He said to buy clear plastic envelopes esp. for use with SS cards.

The reason I decided to get a new card is because when I went to the community center with Mom's tax forms, the AARP lady at the front table requested something with my SS number on it. I didn't have anything. She was a little reluctant but decided to let it pass. So if you can't carry the card on your person, what happens when a situation arises where you need it?

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz