SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbaldauf6112

Which dining room light?

mbaldauf6112
7 years ago

I'm cross posting this is lighting but hope someone can help me. We're building and I'm totally in lighting overload. Up until now I've held up under the stress but this is making me crazy!

Our house will be simple yet classy, friendly not formal. We enjoy cooking and having friends over. I imagine an inviting lake house vibe but not rustic lake lodge.

Im posting a few pictures but we've started prep and painting this week so I'd like to make this decision fairly soon.

Here's our delema. The lighting lady has shown me the grass cloth rectangular light which I DO like. She said it creates a soft look. But.... I've been in love with this cage light since I first saw it. The big issue is it's WAY over budget. So, my question to you all is:

1. If I could pick either one which would look better and 2. Does anyone know of a less expensive (around $400) version of the cage light?

Our table is farmhouse style and 6 feet long plus extension to 8 feet.!Haven't picked chairs yet. Cabinets are white shaker with a little detail on the inset edge to soften it a bit. Hardware is simple satin nickel round knobs and handles. Wall color is SW Sea Salt. Island will be SW Tricorn black distressed.

Front of house:

Lake view from all main living areas.!

The living, dining and kitchen are open. The dining area is the far corner of the pic below.

Celings are 9'.

View of kitchen (being painted tomorrow) cabinets are white and island will be SW Tricorn black distressed. Dining area on left of kitchen and kitchen would be to the left in the pic above.

Dining area is 14' x 12' but has room to expand.

Now for the lights. First is the more modern grass cloth. I like the simplicity of it and like the idea of a softened look.

And second would be my first pick IF I found something closer to budget. This just makes my heart stop I like it so much!!!

So, let the ideas flow. While we're. At it I have a black grand piano that will be on the other side of the living area- opposite kitchen and dining. What would compliment the piano and dining light??

Thanks so much!

Sunny

Comments (21)