SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_clifton3

Destination wedding home reception

Sarah Clifton
5 years ago

We are getting married in Jamaica June 3 and having a reception back home June 10. I am sending save the dates stating Jamaica June 3 with a snipit on the back including travel agents info and to contact by April 1st for travel info to attend the ceremony. I also put home reception to follow June 10th. My dilemma is the formal invitation. I don't know how to word it so that everyone knows the ceremony in Jamaica is open but the emphasis is placed on the home reception. I don't want it to be confusing. I don't need RSVP's to the Jamaica ceremony as I already pretty much know who is going and contacting the travel agent serves as an rsvp. I do however need people to rsvp to the home reception. I will likely send out save the dates and invites together. Should I even put info on the invitation about Jamaica since it's on the back of the save the date and I'm sending together? Or how should I word it if I do put info to cut down on confusion.... I do not want to send two separate invitations for ceremony and home reception.

Comments (2)