SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dragontears197842

Curiosity about my Panda plant

Hi all.

I usually water my plants when they need it but either I fell behind in watering or my Panda plant decided to confuse me.

I have been making my way along my plant shelf doing a plant inspection while watering which I usually do but I'm doing all the plants right now as I do every so often.

I have 3 panda plants and when watering tonight I noticed this

air roots/roots sprouting. I went to check to see if the soil was drier than I thought and I bumped the plant and it broke at the soil line but I had also just watered it to, so it was a bad combo. What you see on the "pebbles" is the whole plant.

What do I do with this guy? Should I replant him and let the air roots keep growing and then split it for new plants? Or if I replant will the air roots go away? My house is way dry so I was thinking of placing it back in the pot it was in, in the "pebbles" (course sand according to label) but hopefully not touching the wet soil and see what happens.

I found out my house IS majorly dry in the winter and that's why I am having so much trouble getting babies from leaves

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction