SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

Adding some whimsy to a "dated" red dining room with fabric?

roarah
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We eat in our dining room every night. I still like the red more than other colors at this time and have been trying to find another color for years to redo it with to no avail. I still love red dining rooms it seems. I have black toile fabric on seats on a window seat that after many children and cats needs to be switched out. I want something a little bit lighter and fun. I have grey and turquoise or more accurately sea foam colors in the adjoining living room and want to add some turquoise to the dining room too.

I found this bird fabric for very cheap and I like it for it adds a bit of whimsy to the heavy room but not sure if it looks wrong. Here it is wrapped around the seats and window bench, which is being rebuild in a few weeks so I need to decide in the next few weeks. We are also replacing the chandelier as soon as I can decide on one I like best.

Thoughts( pillows go with present toile fabric and will be replaced after I finalize my fabric choice)

View from living room. Rug is temporarily but will not be replaced til last child turns five...

View from kitchen

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County