SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erincurler

Please tell me about handheld showers...

NoryW
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've done a search and read a ton of threads on this subject, but a lot of them are older, so I'm asking in case anyone has any updated advice or opinions...

We're moving into a house and renovating 4 (!) bathrooms. I've never lived with a handheld shower; my only experience with them was in the occasional bathroom years and years ago, and I always thought they were terrible. Our current shower has wonderful pressure.

Is a hand shower really capable of delivering as much pressure as a wall-mounted? And my other question: Does the hose ever get in the way? I would hate to be brushing against it accidentally when I shower.

I'm already thinking I'll put just a handheld on a sliding bar in the kid's bathroom, and maybe one of those 2-in-1 shower heads in the guest bathroom. But I'm torn with the master. I prefer a smaller head with heavier flow & pressure, for both massage and hair rinsing, while my husband prefers a softer, wider spray. Neither of us like on-the-ceiling rain showers. It seems like the best option might be a larger fixed head for him, and a handheld for me. But I'm nervous to risk my current shower-pressure happiness!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living