SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Seeking Ideas: Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper Fundraiser

IdaClaire
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Have any of you ever helped orchestrate a fundraising dinner? In particular, I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone who has put together a Fat Tuesday pancake supper. My mission team is working on this (the supper will take place at a church), and all proceeds will go towards upcoming mission trips to Panama and Africa. I've been tasked with some administrative duties, including comparing prices on the required groceries. Krusteaz has a program whereby they'll reimburse 50% of the cost of their pancake mix up to $100, so we'll probably go with that brand (regular and gluten-free). Still need to find the best deals on fully-cooked bacon, syrup, and juice. Aside from getting in my car and driving around to various grocery stores, do you have thoughts on how to obtain accurate info as efficiently as possible? I've done a bit of online searching, but it's not easy to compare "apples-to-apples" and some stores in my area don't even provide their prices online. Buying in bulk at Costco or Sam's may be the best way to go about this, but I'm open to any and all thoughts.

Also need ideas for what else to offer beyond the obvious pancakes and bacon. I thought about fruit, and also thought about setting up a pancake topping bar with various options (but what?) - all the while keeping in mind that we have got to maximize our profits by minimizing waste.

Ideas are welcomed!

ETA: I am considering approaching local grocers to ask for donations. Several stores (including Kroger, Albertson's and Walmart) address these donations online, but they all seem to have one thing in common and that is a refusal to fund travel expenses. At least a portion of the funds we are working to raise will go to defray the travel costs for team members unable to afford the entire amount, and we want to remain transparent about our usage of funds. Still - I'm not averse to asking, and will be up front if I do so. All they can do is point me to their policy and say no, right?

Comments (22)