SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lookingonthebrightside

Met with Realtor RE Baths and Kitchen Reno

texanjana
7 years ago

DH and I have been discussing renovating our kitchen and baths in our 20 yo old home, but since we plan to sell it in about 5 years, DH was not convinced it would be worth it. There is a very successful RE broker who is a neighbor of ours, and who did a $160k renovation of his home a few years ago. He also removated his former home in the neighborhood. I saw the most recent one on our neighborhood home tour. Anyway, I emailed him to ask some questions about his contractor and also mentioned DH's question about ROI for renovations. He offered to come over and look at our house, so we met with him this week. I am so glad we did! He pretty much told us exactly what we should do, and even better things we should not do. He also told us a budget not to exceed, which was exactly the budget we were thinking and a probable return on the investment. I now have DH's buy in. The realtor also told us to do it sooner than later so that we can enjoy it. He is also going to send me his list of sources for materials, as he was able to save a lot of money in various ways. Our next steps are to meet with a few contractors and get bids. I am sure I will be back here asking for lots of advice on materials choices in the future.

I think I saw the suggestion to meet with a realtor on a thread on this forum, so thanks to whoever posted that advice.

Comments (17)