SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 2 - 2 - 17

User
7 years ago

The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts.
James Joyce

I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.
James Joyce

The men that is now is only all palaver and what they can get out of you.
James Joyce

He found in the world without as actual what was in his world within as possible.
James Joyce

A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.
James Joyce
I
I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.
James Joyce

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
James Joyce

I think a child should be allowed to take his father's or mother's name at will on coming of age. Paternity is a legal fiction.
James Joyce

My words in her mind: cold polished stones sinking through a quagmire.
James Joyce

Shakespeare is the happy hunting ground of all minds that have lost their balance.
James Joyce

Your battles inspired me - not the obvious material battles but those that were fought and won behind your forehead.
James Joyce

Writing in English is the most ingenious torture ever devised for sins committed in previous lives. The English reading public explains the reason why.
James Joyce

Irresponsibility is part of the pleasure of all art; it is the part the schools cannot recognize.
James Joyce

I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality.
James Joyce

When I die Dublin will be written in my heart.
James Joyce

Men are governed by lines of intellect - women: by curves of emotion.
James Joyce

I fear those big words which make us so unhappy.
James Joyce

Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
James Joyce

Ireland sober is Ireland stiff.
James Joyce

Poetry, even when apparently most fantastic, is always a revolt against artifice, a revolt, in a sense, against actuality.
James Joyce

No pen, no ink, no table, no room, no time, no quiet, no inclination.
James Joyce

Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.
James Joyce

My mouth is full of decayed teeth and my soul of decayed ambitions.
James Joyce

It is a symbol of Irish art. The cracked looking-glass of a servant.
James Joyce

You forget that the kingdom of heaven suffers violence: and the kingdom of heaven is like a woman.
James Joyce

There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to the church as a human being.
James Joyce

Biography
Nationality: Irish
Type: Novelist
Born: February 2, 1882
Died: January 13, 1941

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions