SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
derek_conlon

Seedling, Need Advice

Derek Conlon
7 years ago

I grew an avacado seed and planted it into dirt when the root was about 4 inches long (just one large root) and the top was about 2-3 inches long.

It is now around 12 inches tall or maybe even 16 inches and just started getting leaves on the top of it.

I have been reading about it and it sounds like I should have pinched it back or done some other stuff to it to force it to grow leaves sooner and not have such a long, lanky look to it.

When i get home I will post a picture of it so you can see what it looks like. I am looking for advice on if I need to pinch/cut it. Where I do that on the plant and what to do going forward. I intend to keep it inside mostly but in the summer I will take it outside to get the summer sun and what not.

The room it is in has a large sun window in the roof and the room stays warm so no matter if it is inside or out, summer or winter, it is getting a lot of light and staying warm.

Thanks for any help. I'll get the picture posted as soon as I can but just imagine a really tall stem with a few small leaves at the very top.

My goal is to make a more "bushy" looking tree so that it looks cool in the house.

Derek Conlon

Comments (5)

Sponsored