SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megankamins

Perimeter counter opinions please!

MBAK
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Doing a new kitchen in a home we are hoping to sell.

We have decided on a Statuario marble slab for our island counter top. Photo below.

But we are torn about what to do on perimeter counters.

We are doing white cabinets and really like a lot of the white-on-white looks that are popular in many of the photos on Houzz.. but when we go to see the types of white counter material in person, we don't like the look of many of the white quartz with little squiggles or speckles in them. Or what appears to be a white perimeter counter in photos is actually some type of marble throughout.

Doing the same marble throughout is not really in the budget. It is a very large kitchen. So would prefer alternatives.

So we are also considering absolute black granite honed. I like the contrast and just solid consistent color of the absolute black.. but concerned that is not as popular of a combo/look anymore for resale?

Have also seen recommendations for Pietra de Cardoza but I don't think that look works.. it's beautiful but from what I have seen looks too much like a rough real stone with some veining/ movement of its own and I'm not sure it works with the Statuario. Looking for something sleek, simple and metropolitan.

Curious what others would pair this marble island with -- white, black or gray perimeter??

Is just a pure solid white quartz too boring on perimeter? Would a solid gray to match the veining (I guess in quartz or granite if there's some solid uniform option) be interesting enough or not enough contrast? Or is absolute black still "en vogue"? Are there other materials I'm not thinking of?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional