SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

Does this rug size work?

debo_2006
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Finally, we're in the finishing stages of remodeling the living room of our rather boring center hall colonial style home. The room size is 14x17. I've been looking at rugs for some time and finally came across one that I really like at Marshalls. It's 8x11. The room will eventually have some furniture from our family room consisting of a classic, tight back sofa and 2 chairs (1 is shown in photo) along with a side table or two, and something small in front of the sofa. Not sure what else may be going into the room furniture wise, though, since this room will get little use, I prefer an airy feel - not too much "stuff" in there, and no TV.

The sofa will probably go along the long wall. Not sure where the placement of chairs will go. The front door is to the left of the pic where the tile floor is. Disregard the table with lamp.

Does this rug look too small for the room? Not sure what to do with all the floor space as you walk into the room that isn't covered...maybe a throw rug??. Though I love the rug, I won't hesitate to return it and keep looking. Feedback please. Thanks.

Trying for an overhead shot...

Comments (8)