SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_linguist

Bantel's issues: What does underwatering look like?

Miss Linguist
7 years ago

Hi All,

I have a Bantel's Sensation, and everytime I water it, it starts losing leaves. They get mushy at the bottom and fall over like they are rotting. My first question is, do you find the Bantel's needs different care than other varieties? I thought the Bantel's was overwatered or in a pot that was too big, so I repotted and neglected it. I moved it to a warmer room with better sun. The soil mix feels very dry and it dries quickly because of the dry air from winter. I have more general details below:

I water all of my sans at the same time. I have mostly dwarf and smaller varieties. They are all house plants because we live in S Dakota. We are currently battling a mealybug infestation, but all plants were treated with imidacloprid 3 weeks ago. No more mealybugs have been seen on any plants. The Bantels appeared to have a less severe infestation as it was originally in a different location from the main infestation. Also, as a proof that the infestation is controlled and my watering habits are not bad, I just discovered a pup on my Whitney!!

I've been watering every 2-3 weeks, but after watering, the soil feels dry after 3-4 days. All I can think is that Bantel's needs more water than the others?!? Or being too dry between waterings makes it feel overwatered when it does get water (I don't go crazy when I water them)? What does an underwatered sans look like?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (17)