SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily_drew4911

Anyone have an idea of value?

Emily Drew
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've been doing research on some antique furniture I have and love, but will need to sell to make room for a new baby and all that comes with that!

First item I have is a table that I currently use as a desk. inside a drawer is a tiny plaque with "Cooper and Holt Manufacturers, Bunhill Row, London". I've done some online research but am not entirely sure on style/time period, or how to get a valuation. So far what I've found is that Cooper and Holt were active in the late 1800's and were considered Edwardian/Victorian, but after finding similar examples, the piece seems to be more George III or IV. The piece is a writing/ library table made of mahogany, with two front drawers and two brass drawer pulls each. There is a simple inlaid border along fronts of drawers. Legs are square and tapered and are also inlaid. The top has a leather writing surface with hand-pressed design on the border and embellished with gold design. In all good condition, except for some small spots where leather is damaged (wear and tear? otherwise leather has been conditioned and maintained). dimensions are 48" wide x 28" high x 22 " deep.

Any idea of value or to whom I should reach out or list on ebay, etc? Any ideas are welcome!

I am located in the San Francisco, CA area.