SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myrealnameismama_goose

Computer graphics question--Paint

mama goose_gw zn6OH
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I post a lot of copied and modified layouts in the Kitchens forum. I used to be able to copy a layout to a Paint file I keep on my Desktop, modify it, post the file in a thread, then modify it immediately, save the changes, and re-post immediately.

It seems that since my computer updated itself to Windows 10, I can no longer save a change within a certain time frame. I don't know what the time lapse is, but maybe 15 minutes or more. Occasionally, I can still make a change and save it right away, but I don't know what the difference is in those files. If I post the layout in the preview, then try to save a change to the file immediately, to add a slightly different layout, even without submitting the post, this pops up (I changed my name):

Can anyone tell me, in simple terms, how to override the warning while staying in the same file. I have been copying the file, and pasting it in a newly opened Desktop file, saving it, then posting in the preview. It takes only a minute, but it's easier the other way, and with only one Desktop file open, things are just simpler.

I know we have a Computer forum, but I'm not sure I'm using the correct terms or explaining my problem succinctly. Thanks for any help or advice.

Comments (3)