SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ha_do73

Please save my fiddle leaf fig tree!!!!!

Ha Do
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all!

I was known for a really bad black thumb. I could not grow anything, and even worse, plants seemed to die under my supervision. So I heard FLF is easy and hard to kill plant. And I really like its look. So I bought one last June. She was so beautiful and about 6 feet tall. here is her pic When I first got her:

Then I got a saucer for the pot and put them inside this planter:

As the instruction from the nursery store, I watered her every week. After a month I noticed some leafs got brown:

I was freak out and I knew I may overwater her. I lifted her up and there was water sitting at the saucer. So I went to search how to fix that. I then put her into the shower and flush the pot hoping to clean all the rod roots and let her there overnight so water drained out. Then I bough a grid to bridge between the pot and the saucer:

So then when I water her, if water gets out from the drainer, the pot doesn't sit on water.

after that, I checked the soil by sticking my finger to the soil about 3 inches to test it. So I watered every other week. Since then, her leafs gradually got brown and dropped out:(. I haven't seen any new grown.

Here is the pic of her now:

As you can see how sad she looks. All of her leafs got brown spots except the very top 2 leafs of each branch.

And her root is out on top of the soil

So so my question is:

1: do you think she stil can be saved?

2: what can I do to save her?

3: should I repot her even tho it s winter in Boston now?

please help me and my beautiful FLF!!!!!!!!!

p/s: I hope Al sees my questions since I read so many his advices here about FLF

Thank you all!

Comments (11)