SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

Needing to trade for Brug cuttings and crinums after a fire

SmokyMist
7 years ago

Hi Everyone. I have been on , well Gardenweb for over 10 years...just not in the past couple of years after the change. I don't even know if my lists are still on here . I grow a lot of Brugmansias and other plants, but we had a fire on the 29th, one of the heater's in the greenhouse overheated I guess, but it burnt up half of my 24' greenhouse, where all of my brugs, crinum lilies, and some other plants were being kept over the winter. I trimmed them all back, cut the melted plastic pots off the roots, tried to root the cuttings I trimmed, but they were burnt and the skin slid off and molded. My crinum lilies all charred and burnt...it was a pretty big loss between the materials of the greenhouse and my plants. I DO have other plants, but of course it's winter and I can't dig them right now. I also have tons of seeds. My trading list is NOT up to date. I have lost plants, I have gained plants, so please don't go by that if it's still on here somewhere. I am just heartbroken at what I've lost, but hoping to trade for some cuttings to get things going again for spring. Does anyone have any to trade ? I can come up with a list of what I could trade now, as I had already moved some tropical into the garage for the winter, thank God for that. I am in East TN, Zone 7, and we are having a really weird warm couple of weeks so it is a good time for shipping here. My email is fai34@chartertn.net.

Thank you

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio