SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmer69

Repose Gray is a lot darker than what I was expecting...help!

kimmer69
7 years ago

Repose gray on top, Agreeable gray on bottom

Repose gray on top, Agreeable gray on bottom

We are building a new house and I had my heart set on Repose Gray paint since it looked great on the poster board and even when hung up on the wall in my current home. However, when I brought it out to our new house and hung it on the wall, it appeared so dark. I also hung up a poster board of Agreeable Gray for comparison. I think I actually liked the Agreeable Gray better in the new house (but not as much back at home). Either way, they both appear dark to me. Our new house is primarily north facing which I guess means we won't get as much sunlight. We don't have electricity installed yet, so this is natural midday sunlight. Any suggestions of what I should do? Go with a lighter paint? Cut the paint by a certain percentage to make lighter? Although the repose color now looks almost too cold/gray so I don't know if cutting the formula would warm it up. Should I not base the color on natural sunlight but more of what it would look like with lights on? Not sure what to do. Any suggestions for other colors? I tried a number of samples already, but none lighter than these.

Repose gray on right, Agreeable gray on left

Comments (29)