SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Weird symptoms....

Texas_Gem
7 years ago

Right before Christmas break, my 5 year old starting have nighttime accidents. It seemed weird to me as she had been completely potty trained, including nighttime for almost 18 months.

I figured it was the stress of school finally catching up, along with the weather.

She seemed better over the break. We started back to school Jan 2nd.

For the past week or so she has been not only having nighttime accidents, she has been really thirsty and every night she complains of being really tired.

She went to bed at 6:30 a few nights ago and her normal bedtime is 8.

I spoke with her teacher and she commented on how sluggish and cranky she has been since school started back.

My immediate suspicion and fear was diabetes. I enlisted the assistance of my diabetic father and tested her fasting glucose this morning and she was completely normal.

She does not have a fever and shows no other outward signs of illness; she's just really tired, cranky and thirsty.

Hubby and I decided to observe her over the weekend and if she still seems tired and sluggish, take her to the doctor on Monday.

Any ideas? I suppose it is entirely possible she just picked up some weird virus. It's just odd because she isn't showing any of the characteristic signs of infection; no fever, pain or nausea. Also, if it were some simple infection it would have almost assuredly passed to at least one other sibling by now.

I don't like one of my kids being "off."

So, what fits with these symptoms? I've heard UTI but there is no fever, no complaint of pain during urination. Mono???? Again no fever but I suppose you can have mono with no fever.

If she isn't back to her normal playful energetic self by Monday, I'm calling the doctor.

In the meantime though, do you know of an illness that results in a general decrease of energy, increased thirst and output, no fever, no other apparent symptoms?

Comments (49)