SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
britta_s85

New Range - new backsplash?

Britta
7 years ago

Hello everyone!

I read a lot within the forum, but couldn't really find anything related.
We got a new range yesterday and, while it's not completely installed yet (we need to move the gas line a bit), the old one is out the kitchen.
As happy as I was about the old range being out of the kitchen (it had the control panel in the back), the new one now looks odd (Euro style, so no control panel in the back).
As of yet the only backsplash the kitchen has is a 4-5 sq/ft piece of brushed stainless steal which was screwed to the wall. The sink is installed in the island right now, so no backsplash needed there.
(My husband is not a cook and he bought this house 4 years ago before I was in the picture and everything, really everything is more important than the kitchen ;) ).
First off this stainless steel backsplash is hard to clean and totally looks out of place now.
My husband said yesterday that I can get a tiled backsplash for behind the range (basically covering the space where the sheet metal is plus a little extra to the bottom), but I have a hard time imaging how just 5-6sq/ft "spot" of backsplash would look like and if it wouldn't make more sense to just get a backsplash for the whole "range side" of the kitchen?
It's not even about design or anything, just solely the "does it make sense" part.

We don't want to remodel the whole kitchen (yet, that will probably happen in 5-8 years, for now it's livable with all upgraded appliances).
Below are two pictures, one with the new range in nearly the right spot and one with the old range pulled out already. I didn't really take a picture of the whole kitchen side, but I hope you get an idea (especially about the stainless steel backsplash thing there).

I'd really appreciate some comments/opinions.
Thank you in advance!

Comments (7)