SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milo733

Appliance advice for new large kitchen

fresno boy
7 years ago

Hi everyone. We're doing the planning for a new home build with a large kitchen. We have 4 kids, the oldest of which is 12, and we do a lot of cooking for friends and family, which is only going to get busier as the kids grow up. We'd like to have the capability to cook the normal set of things, but also have a steam oven and a speedoven/microwave combo, all built in so the counters can stay nice and neat.

We are thinking about two sets of options:

1) A Thermador 48 grand pro steam range ( PRD48JDSU), which has a nice set of burners, a griddle for breakfast items, and a steam oven, albeit one that is non-plumbed).

Combined with that, we would have a Jenn-Air Wall oven/ Speedoven combo (JMW3430DS) to complement the range. The Wifi connection and the menu system are nicely high tech, which the thermador isn't.

Alternatively, we could go higher end, with a Miele Wall oven (H6780BPSS) and a Miele speed oven (H6700BMSS), but the speed oven is only 24" and would need a trim kit to line up nicely with the wall oven. I like the M-touch system a lot, and again is a nice compliment to the simpler Thermador.

OR

2) A Miele 48" dual fuel range with speed oven (HR1956 DF GD), and the Miele Wall Oven from above, but coupled with the Miele Speed oven (DGC65051XLSS). All high tech with M touch, all Miele, same style and same steel look. But the oven has had some pretty bad reviews here, and I am not sure the best place for the microwave is the smaller oven on side instead of higher up in the wall. The steam oven also needs a trim kit as before.

I think 2) looks nicer, and is more integrated, but worry the range is a problem now, trim kit hurts the look, and the Thermador 48 seems like a safer bet, though it would be multiple brands and different type of interfaces.

The other benefit of the the Thermador is that you get a nice deal on the Thermador dishwasher as well, which people seem to like.

What do you all think about the choices? Any other combos that we should be looking at?

thanks!

Mike

Comments (8)