SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ssauer193075

Central Florida- getting rid of weeds where no grass to put mulch/ston

Ed
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I am in central Florida where there are Spring weeds. Winter weeds. Fall weeds. Summer seeds. All year weeds. Stubborn weeds. Evil weeds. Due to health I need much smaller area of grass to cut. The backyard was destroyed by prior home owner who literally had a car/everything 'junkyard' which totally destroyed the former yard. In the past two years I have fostered the yard to about as big as I want it. There is about 60' x200' width where I want NO grass. I have tried glycophosphate salt 41% from Home Depot . Pre emergent. 'Tough Weed/Brush', yet there is ABUNDANCE of weeds continually. I am reluctant to roto-till, as that usualyy breaks up weeds and softens the ground making it easier for weed roots. I also have a well and will have a dog soon I hope. The 'Tough brush' says to only use once or twice a year. Burning with a spot flame only opens seed pods, (that is why we burn crop fields and why forest fires are good, as seeds open at ~ 1200 degrees F. Weed barriers are useless. I am unable to hand pick a large area. Professional companies say they really do not have anything better in the long run. I am desperate to get my yard going yet limited to taking care of a large yard. Thx

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths