SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4kids4us

From horrible customer service to excellent service!

4kids4us
7 years ago

I just had the most frustrating, ridiculous experience and wish there were some way to complain.

on December 14th, I ordered a coat from Hollister for my dd. It was half price. She got the coat on Christmas. It was too small. Last night, I looked online and saw that the coat is again on sale, but is $20 more and not available in our local store, so I'd have to do an even exchange via mail. Today, I checked online to make sure the coat was still available (it is) but two of the sizes have since sold out. I was worried that the size we needed would sell out before her return coat was received. So I called customer service. This has happened to me before with other stores, and they just had me buy a new one at the adjusted price and return the original.

the Hollister rep sounded like a young man in his 20s. He was extremely short with me, right off the bat. Told me I had to return the coat and if they didn't have the size available for the exchange, they would refund my money. I asked if he could just sell me the current one at the same price I paid. Nope, he said. We only do price adjustments for 14 days from the purchase (14 days expired yesterday and um, hello, it's Christmas time!). He would not budge. I asked to speak with a supervisor to see if they would override it. Nope, I can't speak with a supervisor-they will not get on the phone with customers. So I ask him to speak to his supervisor and he says, "he's just going to point to our policy on my computer screen." So I said, "so basically you are refusing to help me?" Yep.

Omg, I was furious! My only other option would be to head to our mall and have them do the exchange for me, assuming they would be able to get the new coat shipped right away. However, I can't get to the mall until tomorrow. So, I called back.

and got an incredibly lovely woman on the phone, who immediately offered to do exactly what I had suggested to the previous rep. She offered for me to purchase the coat at the adjusted sales price (the one I originally paid) and then to just return the coat I had and get credit back for it. She even said, "because of the holidays, I can allow for the price adjustment beyond the 14 days but it will take me a few moments to override it." I thanked her profusely.

i wish there was a way to complain about the idiot who I got the first time on the phone. I'm so glad I was persistent and didn't let that creep ruin/prevent my dd from getting her coat.

Comments (8)