SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zazlev

Just started an orchard two months ago.

Zazlev Zone 6B
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

New to the forum. Recently retired Army/25 years. Purchased 20 acres on Tennessee/Kentucky border in Woodlawn, TN (about 55 miles west of Nashville, TN). Planted 30 blueberry plants in winter of 2014. Have 7 different varieties, O'Neal, Climax, Premier, Summit, Ozarkblue, Blueridge and Bluecrop. The rabbiteyes are currently doing the best (Climax and Premier).
Have planted a willow oak and a silver maple recently out there in open parts of the pasture with 100 feet or so in between them. Planted 5 Bradford pears our first year (before I found out about there pitfalls). Recently planted a weeping willow this last spring. This fall I planted two pink dogwoods and two flowering cherries.
Started an orchard about two months ago. Planted an American Persimmons tree (have found 5 Persimmons residing in my wood lines along pasture border of my property. Planted two plums (Santa Rosa and Methley), a Moorpark Apricot and two figs (Brown Turkey and Olympian).

Trees I am possibly looking at adding to compliment others and improve pollination. Any thoughts?

Fuyu Persimmons

Red Haven Peach

Shiro Plum

Apricot- Blenheim and Tomcat. Puget Gold possibly.

Fig-Desert King

Comments (8)