SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Hip replacement

marilyn_c
7 years ago

I had my right knee replaced almost three years ago. It went extremely well....and I was very happy with the result. My right hip has really gotten bad in the past year. I take an OTC pain reliever but it just takes the edge off a little. It hurts almost all the time. Even when I am in bed. I can lay on my back better than on my side. Have any of you had your hip replaced? I am told it is easier than a knee. I thought the knee was very easy. I had no trouble with it at all and never used a walker or a cane. I hate to take the time off to heal but I am about ready to have it done. My knee doctor moved his practice, but I have his new address/phone number and going to see if I can get it taken care of sometime this winter. I hate to take anti inflammatories, since that is what caused my tinnitus, I think. I don't want that to get worse. It is bad enough, as it is. I was assured by FB friends that I will still be able to ride my horse after having it done.....and that was my main worry, besides the aggravating pain, which really does wear on you after awhile.

Comments (24)