SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

What's Your Forecast Low For Sunday Night?

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Yikes! They dropped our forecast low for tonight from 12 to 8 degrees.

Considering that our forecast low for last night was 14 and we went down to 10, I don't want to contemplate going 4 degrees lower than that 8.

Have y'all looked at your forecast? How low are the temperatures where you live supposed to be tonight? Surely those of you north of me are going to be a lot colder than we'll be down here, and that's not a happy thought to contemplate either.

For you chicken folks, we switched out the 100 watt light bulbs in the chicken coops' light fixtures for heat lamp bulbs, and put two light fixtures in the big coop instead of one. I don't know if it was necessary, but we decided we'd rather be safe than sorry. This afternoon the chickens were dust bathing in 'warm' soil on the SW side of the house and the tornado shelter. It was only a little warm at the time---26 degrees warm. I imagine tonight's weather won't be nearly as pleasant, and I positively dread walking out the door early tomorrow morning.

*Edited to add: Tim is outside grilling ribs in 24 degree weather because nothing comes between him and his grilling on the weekends.

Comments (20)