SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elocin6

Toilet Flange too high

elocin6
7 years ago

We are in the home stretch of our bathroom renovation. We just finished replacing the tile by pulling up the old tile and laying this new tile. This is a first floor bathroom on a concrete slab foundation. Here in Hawaii, they lay the tile right on the concrete slab, so there is no wooden floor....we have termites, lots of them. The house does not have wooden studs in the walls either, and was built in 2008 as part of a large housing track. As this is my first renovation ever, I did not think much of the flange sitting up as high as it did on the concrete floor, the previous toilet did sit on it, but it did wiggle, and there were shims underneath when we removed it. We would like to do the next toilet install kind of correctly without using shims and having a toilet that wiggles. The flange in the picture looks like it is glued or epoxy was used to bond it to the pipe. My question, I know the flange should be replaced to be level with the floor, whats the best options for this?? Also, can the new flange be somehow bolted/screwed into the concrete slab as that is what hold the toilet down?? The flange sits about 1/2 inch above the tile.

Comments (2)