SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designhome1989

pillows

DH
7 years ago
how do they make the big white pillows bend like that in a star or 4 point shape rather than stay like a square like normal ones?

Comments (584)

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i had an accent chair i accidentslly ordered and never got to returning it, so i was going to ask you julie and you jordan if either you wanted it for your designing business or yourself. but not aware of distance as i think you are both in west coast. i am east coast. shipping would be 70 bucks or so but the chair was 215 itself. but i guess this 5 mile will do it instead lol
  • havingfun
    7 years ago

i have lots of lamps, many are from pier 1. table are $100 under floor are up to $135.

Jenson Floor Lamp & Reviews | Joss & Main · More Info

Lighting · More Info

Table Lamps - Table Lamp Collection | At Home Stores · More Info

Ivory Capiz Accent Lamp | Pier 1 Imports · More Info

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    julie i wanted to ask you a while ago but i had a question regarding lamps and lamp shades specifically.

do you know what lamp shade material or type would result in a soft light pink/peach glow that some lamps project?

i know the lamp color matters (obv) but i know the lamp shade type and color also distorts it...

i dont know if you know this, or if jordan you might know too or not?

that soft light glow is so beautiful!
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    like these
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    and not like these

the lights are too harsh and bright

no offense to whoever owns these
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

You need to go with a warm LED bulb around 2700-2800 range..use white to a warm linen or light gray color shade on lamps...I do believe they sell other colored bulbs that you might get closer to a peach or pink tone but that would be a separate specialty style colored bulb...they display them at Home Depot and Lowes.

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    well its a bummer because the table i bought from the guy is NOT 26 or even 24 inches in height, it is 21 and barely the same height as the DIY one I made myself.

very frustrating because it is a solid wood, beautiful piece and wide enough.

atleast the top is wider but now i dont know if I should just leave it as is or I should actually "make" it taller or tweak it. besides the height, it is very beautiful.

i specifically asked the owner if it was at the very least 24 inches but I guess he made a mistake. nonetheless, i know it should be atleast sofa height which it is not, so got to do something about that for now.
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    the top width seems to be okay....lol
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i will look for 2700 range bulbs when i get this table situated julie :)
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    the tables height is actually 20.5 inches . not 25 inches like i thought
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Can We see it next to sofa...I really dont think it is going to be a problem

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    sure, here are 4 pictures of it next to the sofa from different angles both standing and sitting down and next to the slimmer diy one
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

It hits just at the curve of the sofa arm...I think it works just great..it will look super cute painted with a great lamp:))

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    GREATTT!!!!!!!! i'm excited I can move on to painting it in whitewash and adding a lamp !! :)
  • PRO
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    dont think it would take over 500 comments to still be discussing how those pillows were displayed....lol
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    just wanted to confirm that the best color for a driftwood like would be a weathered gray shade, ??

so white or beige/cream colored would not look good or would those colors be an option too?

i will be looking to get some paint, either regular paint, stain or milk/chalk paint (i have no experience) but asking before i buy it and not get what i want...
  • PRO
    Artistic Upholstery
    7 years ago

In order to achieve the look you are after, you need a soft fill such as down or alternative to be able to chop it per the picture that is posted.....

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    something similar to this color in the picture....

or just grey?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

I think that is great...but I would not keep the hardware..add a glam crystal pull or gold handle if you can...or just turn that to the back.

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    that is not the one i have lol
    just a stock photo
    i will be coloring it gray but wanted to know closest way to making driftwood...
  • aishahyder
    7 years ago
    I have a two blue toned living room area with a dark wood table. I want to get a buffet table/console but tone down the dark brown to be similar to the console under the tv or have it in a Greyish washed out colour.

A) would this work, or what are alternative suggestions

I want to place cream accent chairs on the table and re-upholster the chairs.

B) would this work, or what are alternative suggestions

My doors around he room are dark brown and floor is tan

C) what other suggestions can I make, to
    Add life and comfort to this living room dining room space.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Aishahyder...you need to start your own dilemma and we would be glad to help:)

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i love these lamps. but a little pricey.

what would this shape be called
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

You would call that an Urn style base

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    im thinking of ordering this. yay or nay
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Very pretty did you finish your round end tAble?

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    hi julie :) !!
    yes i did. i just need to sand it down a bit.

!
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    man its been a while since i posted.

hope everyones well.

how are you julie :)
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Doing just fine..have been very busy with work and my mother 84 years old is living we us for a couple months...can't wait to see your table and lamp..keep us posted:))

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    well i ordered it. so it should be here in a couple days. good cheap price. 60 bucks.
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    lamp arrived. table is done..
    in gray.

i might make it a lighter gray. or try driftwood color if i can.

:) room is....it seems as it if it will come together finally
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    another angle.
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    any tweaks julie?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Very nice the lamp looks pretty!

you could just do a whitewash on the table so it looks a little softer no so heavy.....but it looks good:))

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    thank you !! :))

i will try to whitewash it and lighten the color. i thought it was too solid and dark of a gray for my taste anyway..

im bad with decor, should i put anything on the table, or leave it empty for use
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    curtains have been fixed from what they were before.

this is the after.

i got a return projection bracket of 4 to 6 inches so the curtains jut out 4 inches from the wall which is better now as it covers the window frame, which is what we wanted
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    up close of the new rod and finials.

i feel it is a nice choice but it doesnt stand out as much as i thought it would. it seems kind of dull and dark

i paid around 20 for the finials and 30 for the rod and bracket. so i dont think ill be hanging them out too soon but maybe crystals is the better stand out finial choice??

i am a little iffy too about the curtain bunching up (their rod pokets) at the top....it looks still a very little smooshed even though they are MUCH MUCH better than before and not squished really at all...

maybe they need to be ironed?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Who recommended them hung up to touching the ceiling?

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i cant remember where or who advised that but the cieling to the top of frame is about 8 or 10 inches which is the height it should be hung anyway, i never moved it as it has anchored in the wall.

does it look bad at the cieling....i thought thats how it should be
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    another angle
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

....that is to high...they should be hung at a good height but they should have at least 6-10" from the ceiling to look right..sorry that is why that rod doesn't look as nice as you hoped.

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i dont know. i think the issue is the curtains are too short and need weights to go down better.

does it look bad as is? i actually like the length i just dont think its "wow"y enough.

maybe im trying too hard
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    moreso the inspiration.. hung at very top of criling. looks beautiful.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Your inspiration images has a woven shade hung up under it so helps make the rod blend in...and that is above a slider door.

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    what kind of material or color should go in the middle to cover the empty space. jute would look bad?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Oh no you can't cover the space...best to lower the rod and hem the panels.

• DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    what do you mean hem the panels
  • DH
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i wont be able to bring it down. i just put them up and put anchors in and it was a hassle. i had them up the first time in that position and they were fine. this was do more damage to the walls etc.

i guess ill just have to live with it for now

by hemming them i dont understand... does that mean the top ? maybe i should make them more like grommet tops etc .
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Designhome...sorry missed your question??

you would lower them and hem up the bottom...

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor