SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_faircloth

Running back splash down the wall

Sarah Faircloth
7 years ago

I live in a folk Victorian built in 1900.

We're having to remodel the kitchen which was last updated around the late fifties to early sixties.

Above the cabinets the walls are plaster but around other edges it's drywall probably over plaster.

Below the trim there's a fake tile board that I want to get rid of. Originally it was a blue and it ran around the whole kitchen because when you open one of the cabinet you can see it on the back. I don't know what's behind the tile board.

I'd rather avoid installing

drywall if I can.

In the area pictured where the cabinets are now I'm going to put a wall oven, so my thinking is maybe I can just run the backsplash from the trim down to the floor that way if there's any kind of spills with the oven it's a wipeable surface and I don't have to put up the drywall.

On the opposite side of this door frame worried they're going to put stationary cabinets to create a pantry or what I kind of want to do is put a jelly cupboard for Pantry that with movable so if we need to move large pieces in her out of the kitchen there won't be any problems. If we put stationary cabinet so I won't need to worry about about squash but if we put a jelly cupboard I'm thinking to give thekitchen a balanced look Im going to need to put a backsplash.

I'm thinking of doing subway tile in white or gray, I haven't decided yet, but I'm concerned its going to look too busy or out of place. What do you yall think?

Comments (9)