SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 12 - 5 - 16

User
7 years ago

I look back on my life, comin' out of Macon, Georgia - I never thought I'd be a superstar, a living legend. I never heard of no rock and roll in my life.
Little Richard

People called rock & roll 'African music.' They called it 'voodoo music.' They said that it would drive the kids insane. They said that it was just a flash in the pan - the same thing that they always used to say about hip-hop.
Little Richard

And I'd like to give my love to everybody, and let them know that the grass may look greener on the other side, but believe me, it's just as hard to cut.
Little Richard

But men are so full of greed today, they'll sell anything for a little piece of money.
Little Richard

I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I've always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband.
Little Richard

Elvis may be the King of Rock and Roll, but I am the Queen.
Little Richard

I don't think a woman has to act like a man to show that she has strength.
Little Richard

A lot of people call me the architect of rock & roll. I don't call myself that, but I believe it's true.
Little Richard

Black people lived right by the railroad tracks, and the train would shake their houses at night. I would hear it as a boy, and I thought: I'm gonna make a song that sounds like that.
Little Richard

Gay people are the sweetest, kindest, most artistic, warmest and most thoughtful people in the world. And since the beginning of time all they've ever been is kicked.
Little Richard

But when I went on the stage to do a show, I would put on makeup because I felt that it enhanced my act; it drew attention to what I was doing.
Little Richard

I don't give the devil credit for creating nothing.
Little Richard

I never accepted the idea that I had to be guided by some pattern or blueprint.
Little Richard

I think people who don't believe in God are crazy. How can you say there is no God when you hear the birds singing these beautiful songs you didn't make?
Little Richard

I would wear flamboyant clothes and long hair, and most singers at the time didn't.
Little Richard

To me, true rock 'n' roll has a lot of bottom in it.
Little Richard

God gives us the ability, but rock 'n' roll was created by men.
Little Richard

Greed has taken the whole universe, and nobody is worried about their soul.
Little Richard

I try to be a guide for people, to make their darkness bright and to make the pathway light, and never to condemn or control or criticize.
Little Richard

When you sit down and think about what rock 'n' roll music really is, then you have to change that question. Played up-tempo, you call it rock 'n' roll; at a regular tempo, you call it rhythm and blues.
Little Richard

Now they have banging guitar and no bass and call it rock, but that's not what I call rock.
Little Richard

But I'm a rock 'n' roll singer; that's my livelihood, my occupation.
Little Richard

God is omnipotent, He is omniscient, and He is ever present.
Little Richard

I did what I felt, and I felt what I did, at all costs.
Little Richard

I thank God for making me a man.
Little Richard

I tried to look presentable for a show, but not for sexual attraction. It was strictly for show business.
Little Richard

Biography
Nationality: American
Type: Musician
Born: December 5, 1932

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions