SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armoured

Cat started peeing 'out of box' at weekend place

armoured
7 years ago

I have a very well-behaved cat that's almost never peed or other outside of litter box. However, recently having a small problem. At our weekend place, she spends the night in the basement (likes to make noise in early mornings otherwise - at our place in the city she's in the kitchen). And she's started peeing 'out of the box.' More than a few times now - originally I thought it was something to do with some stuff in one room. Has not done anything of the sort in the city. She's used to going out to the countryside and travel, but the place is (somewhat) new to us and to her. She seems to have otherwise adjusted to the place, so I don't think it's fear of the place.

So I'm looking for some ideas. I think she might be annoyed about being in the basement; can't think of anywhere else for her right now, though (but will consider). She doesn't seem to hate the basement otherwise - will go down there on her own sometimes. Yes, I'm going to try moving the litter box down there to a different spot, changing things up, reinforcing (gently, not punishment) that the litter box is the right place. Anyone have other ideas or have run into something like this?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz