SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

6 quart Nesco vs. crock pot

elba1
7 years ago

Hi folks, I just responded to the Nesco post, but didn't want to "hijack" it, so here is a related question: For those that use both a 6 qt. Nesco & a crock pot, what do you actually prefer making in the crock pot? I only seem to use my crock pot for occasional pork dishes, like pulled pork or cranberry pork, and to keep mulled cider hot during holiday festivities. Annie says she made her best pulled pork ever in a Nesco, which is of course one of the only things I've been using the crock pot for. Last year, my sister asked me to bring extra stuffing, and I read on here how to keep it moist and warm in a crock pot, so I bought a second one last minute (as we bring mashed potatoes in our other crock pot - she only has one oven and can't keep everything warm). Plans changed, didn't need the second crock pot, and I never opened it. Since I love my 18 qt. Nesco, wishing I had bought a 6 qt. Nesco instead of the second crock pot. Guess I'm trying to be convinced to buy the smaller Nesco; think I'd use it more than a second crock pot, but don't know if I can return the crock pot since it's been a year. Guess I'm also wondering if I could be getting more use out of the first crock pot, and put the second one, stored in the garage, to some use. Thanks!

Comments (8)