SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkgill03

Hate new paint color on accent wall advice please!

Gia N
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I decided to paint an accent wall in my living room a lavender color. I painted it "lilac bouquet" by Glidden, it's an eggshell paint and primer in one paint. I really hate it. I was hoping it would be lighter or more subtle. I feel like it looks tacky especially with my gold curtains and blue rug. I thought it would bring those colors out, but the paint color pops out so much and looks really girly, way to purple-ish, version of pepto bismol. I really want to go for a warm, comforting vibe in the living room, and I think I'm going to repaint the wall. But this was my first time painting and I don't have much experience in choosing colors. I don't want to make another mistake, spend a ton and keep redoing the wall. But I really want a more calming look in here.
I'm just really unsure what color to paint it that would go with my beige furniture, gold curtains, and blue rug. I am thinking about a calming grey color, dark blue or a tan. But I'm also not sure what type of paint to use. If I choose a lighter color, I want to avoid using a primer, i was thinking of just buying another glidden paint and primer all in 1 but im nervous that the purple will still show through.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a color that would look better in the room or a specific brand/paint? Or any advice on how to fix this mess without too much trouble would help!

Here is what it looks like:

Comment (1)