SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericazzz

Basement bar - backsplash etc.

ericazzz
7 years ago

We are finishing our basement and in one area there will be small bar. It's basically a niche that is 24" deep x 55" long and then a peninsula that will be 24x72. I've chosen the cabinets from IKEA - flat white (the cheapest ones because they're all hidden behind the bar). I'm going to do quartz countertops in white (probably "organic white" which has some movement to it.) I want to do floating shelves in the niche and would ideally want to use the white LACK shelves from IKEA ($15 each). I'm very drawn to the brass hardware that I see on Pinterest so I'm thinking of splurging on the Delta Trinsic faucet and these brass Anthropologie pulls (provided they are the same color - if not I can get different pulls). I am thinking I should use a white sink rather than stainless -- trying to do a drop in rather than an undermount since it will save $300. Then I'm thinking of splurging on some tile for the backsplash in the niche, to go behind the white floating shelves. I love the combination of navy, white and brass so I was thinking of a navy shimmer tile (see pic). But is that going to convey the look I like in the navy inspiration photo -- or will it more convey 'Vacation in Greece'? I can skip a tile backsplash completely (keep the painted wall). Or I could do a carrera basketweave or chevron tile (love the chevron but is it kind of 'out' already)? Does the brass hardware work in this space? Any thoughts or opinions on any of this especially the backsplash are appreciated. I'm attaching some photos. Please note the final lighting isn't installed yet so it appears a bit darker/more dingy than it will be when it's done. THANKS!

Tx!

Comment

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor