loves2shop4

Anyone have Silestone countertops in Ocean Jasper?

loves2shop
4 years ago

If so can you share pics of your kitchen please.

Comments (186)

• Sheri Lund
    last year

Two different photos one with lighting one with out a lot of light.

• HU-512824189
    last year
    last modified: last year

Has anyone used a granite/quartz composite sink with OJ? If so what brand and specifically what color. Having a hard time choosing?

• Related Discussions

Anyone have white/light silestone (quartz) counters? Help please!

Q

Comments (4)
    Thank you for all the positive support! I really appreciate it - I think the freak out was mostly about the stress of building a house in general. Now that we are in the final stretches the decisions have really piled up on us. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm the only one who has to love it!
    ...See More

Anyone having difficulty obtaining Silestone Lagoon?

Q

Comments (0)
    Has anyone ordered this countertop and been told it is unavailable for several weeks if not months?
    ...See More

anyone use silestone colors coral troya or santa fe brown?

Q

Comments (0)
    My mother in law has a sunny yellow kitchen with white cabinets, and would like to replace the countertops and add a backsplash. She is drawn to the terra cotta colors... leaning towards silestones Coral Troya or Santa Fe brown. Has anyone used these silestones (have done a search and haven't found anything)? Or, does anyone have suggestions as to what color granite or silestone she should consider? In addition, what kind of backsplash would you recommend. She's concerned that the terra cotta colors won't go with the yellow, but wants something warm. Thanks!!!
    ...See More

Help !! Has anyone installed Pietra countertops by Silestone?

Q

Comments (225)
    The first sample is MSI Carrara White Ledger Panel, 6 in x 24 in. Matte porcelain Wall Tile. I went onto the MSI website and got several samples of their ledger panels - free with $5 shipping (which I thought was pretty reasonable). However, they didn't have a sample of this one, so I ordered a box of this from Home Depot. (They didn't have any in stock.). I actually decided that it was too busy with the pietra tile, and that I needed something plainer, so I returned the tile with no problem. I finally (after making several temporary choices first) on Villa Clear Gray 3 x 12 tiles from Elysem. They are subway tile sized, but have an uneven surface, so they reflect the light in various ways, which gives it a appearance of slightly different tones of gray. I can post a photo of it if you like. And, I have had the pietra tile now for 5 months or so, and absolutely love it. Nancy
    ...See More
  • Sylmac Vesque
    last year

Hi HU-512824189 , I have - We used the Blanko double sink in metallic grey. We love the look with OJ.

• Marianne Campbell
    last year

We used Karran quartz in concrete and absolutely love it!

• Wende B
    last year

Thanks for posting this picture. We've ordered the OJ and were considering the grey quartz sink. This has sold us on it!

• HU-512824189
    last year

Thank you Slymac Vesque. We also went with the Blanco in the same color. We matched from the tiny sample so I am happy to see this picture and to hear you‘re happy. Thanks again.

• Sylmac Vesque
    last year

We are all finished now and really couldn't be happier with our choices. The input on this thread helped in our choices without a doubt! Thank-you :)

• Mary McCarthy
    last year

Has anyone been given a time frame on OJ availability? We were measured a couple weeks ago and they told me today that it was in production but they didn’t have availability date.

• Rochelle Rasper
    last year

We purchased from Lowe’s at the beginning of October. The fabricator was unable to give us any time-line at all. They did come to measure lAst Wednesday and said they had a limited supply. We just went and saw the slab today and it will be installed next Wednesday. A women working for the fabricator said that it was going to go on backorder again and we were lucky to get this slab. I’m not sure what the issue is.

• Melanie Drake
    last year

I am so happy I found this thread. I have been struggling for weeks to find the right countertop for my kitchen remodel and have loved ocean jasper since day one. The coloring of it in different lighting and samples has had me stumped but seeing your posts has made me feel more confident in my decision. My only worry now is....I have black stainless appliances and black cabinet pulls. Cabinets are white shaker. I am worried the black will be too much contrast? Does anyone have any input?

• Sheri Lund
    last year

Melanie, I don’t think it will be to much of a contrast but rather a nice contrast. If you look up in the thread I posted photos of my kitchen I have white cabs white back splash and the island is a 10’ black brown. Off to the side is a dark dining table and I have dark pulls on cupboards and dark rods on my lights over the island and the legs of my counter chairs are black. It’s mind boggling the amount of pressure these decisions make almost like one wrong decision will screw everything up. If you can’t find a pic of my kitchen/dining area above lmk I can post another.

• Sheri Lund
    last year

Also if it makes you feel better about your decision. We were a home on a Christmas tour and everyone who came through liked “was in love with my kitchen and counter top” loved the contrast.
    Also, I think the counter top is a good balance of the white cupboards and dark fixtures. Marries the white and dark together.

• J S
    last year

Does the current version of Ocean Jasper have very much white throughout it? I order a sample of it a few months back and I love that my sample indicates that OJ has a fair amount of white coloring spread throughout it which would help it tie it in with my white cabinets. I have read online that Silestone has recently significantly decrease the amount of white in its newest slabs. Any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated :-)

• Jill McQueeney
    last year

J S - I have white cabinets along the kitchen wall and OJ looks awesome with them. I got mine installed in August. I have pics above in the thread that show a good representation of the amount of white in ours.

• Sheri Lund
    last year

JS I don’t have any idea about the white flex. I would ask where you get your counter tops at. Mine was bought and installed in 2018 or end of 2017 can’t remember. My samples have a lot of flecks throughout as well but in such a small sample it looks like a lot but on a bigger area they all just blend in and don’t really see them popping out unless you focus on it. I will say without the white and the sparkles it would be just an ordinary look to the counter top. I will say when you first get your tops installed you will notice them almost like someone dripped white paint on them but after a few days they aren’t noticeable.

• Rochelle Rasper
    last year

JS- my OJ countertops were installed just before Thanksgiving 2019. I see more veining than I do flex, but totally works with white cabinetry.

• J S
    last year

Thank you Sheri Lund and Rochelle Rasper ! I am very glad to hear that the OJ still contains white coloring in it as that will help it to tie in with my white cabinets! Thanks for your responses and photos as they were both very helpful!

• Anna Louiso
    last year

Rochelle, I LOVE your backsplash! You chose well! I have chosen the off-white cabinets, Ocean Jasper countertop, and ? backsplash. I may have to copy......actually I have seen yours somewhere during my many shopping trips, just can't remember where. I'm thinking either Lowe's or Home Depot? I've also been to Floor and Decor. Or maybe it was a Facebook add LOL.

• Anne Rossborough
    last year

I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this group of insightful souls! I'm really hoping for some ideas/thoughts/guidance/suggestions. HELP?

Recently, I purchased a 100-year-old home that has off-white cabinets with white trim (all IKEA). The baseboards and backsplash are white. It clashes horribly! So... I am ripping off the white trim and replacing it with the off-white so all the cabinets will be uniform. Not sure what to do about the backsplash. I am adding a large island and a coffee/wine bar, the bases of which will be black. I fell in love with Ocean Jasper when I saw it at Lowes. I think it will look beautiful with the off-white cabinets but not sure about the black. My floors are the original maple and will be redone. The photo has a blue tape where the island will go. Obviously, the butcher block will be coming out. I would love any words of wisdom. Thanks in advance!

• Marianne Campbell
    last year

You're going to love Ocean Jasper in your lovely kitchen! No one has been disappointed or had second thoughts about it. My backsplash is white beveled 3x12 subway tile with light silver grout and I love it! My goal was to open up my space and the longer subway tile did just that! I think with your planned pops of black and OJ counters keeping the cabinets and backsplash white is going to look sharp and crisp. There are gorgeous photos of marble backsplash with OJ on this site also.

• Anne Rossborough
    last year

Thank you, Marianne! I love the idea of the silver grout and think that would be a nice finishing touch. I appreciate your help.

• Mary McCarthy
    last year

Our kitchen is finally done. We had some issues with the install job on the ocean jasper and had to have part of it re-installed, but we love the final product. It’s beautiful!

• HU-482688530
    last year

Photos don’t do justice to how sparkly these are. Very beautiful No regrets on this choice.

• J S
    last year

Thanks very much for your response as to how it looks and for posting your very helpful photos!

• Amy Thor
    last year

Redoing my bathroom with large white vanity and white swirl onyx walkin shower. I think i am going to do ocean jasper for the countertop. Bathroom has two windows above the side of vanity mirror which allows great light in, these will have white trim to match vanity along with white trim on baseboards. The walls will be a light shade of grey I think but may change this. Does anyone have any recommendations on flooring color? I was thinking some type of waterproof laminate flooring in a gry color. What have you all used? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Amy

• HU-482688530
    last year

We have the ocean jasper in our kitchen. I think the light from your windows will make it extra sparkly. Our walls are agreeable gray by sherwin Williams. We went with vinyl plank flooring. The color is sand castle oak by prime. Its a mix of light brown and gray. I like how it looks with the ocean jasper counter tops.

• J S
    last year

When installing Ocean Jasper on bathroom vanities is it generally recommended that one use the 2cm or 3cm OJ slabs?

• HU-936140335
    last year

My kitchen has brown cabinets (medium ). Would OJ be too dark and was looking for something with a little taupe. Would this be a good choice?

• Sandra L
    last year

HU, i don’t think there are enough warm/brown/taupe tones in it to look good with brown. Jist my opinion

• Sylmac Vesque
    last year

@ Sandra L - We have light cream cabinets with a walnut colored island. We loved the way OJ looked with our two-toned kitchen. JMHO :)

• HU-423336508
    last year

I am so glad I found this thread!

We recently bought a brand new home, and the kitchen is white/grey. The cabinets are a soft grey and the counters are a stark white. While I love the look of it, the white counters are impossible to keep clean. Also, we want to replace the sink and faucet, so our thought is to replace the island counter.. possibly with OJ.

My question is, has anyone used it on soft grey cabinets? Would it compete? Photo for reference... thank you!!

• Kath
    last year

Lover this thread. My question is for those who have had the OJ in place for a while. Is it easy to keep clean, and does every little crumb show up on the counter?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

"Also, we want to replace the sink and faucet, so our thought is to replace the island counter.."

Countertop removal/replacement is not a requirement for sink replacement. Post the width of your sink base cabinet (33", 36", etc.) and the distance from the cabinet face to the rear of the cutout and I'll tell you what your choices are if you please.

• jopod75
    8 months ago

I had it installed recently and am disappointed. As someone else remarked, the color of the slabs installed are much more grey where the sample has much more taupe in it. I’ll include pictures to show the difference. For the other poster being more grey worked better for them, but for me it did not. I spent HOURS wrestling with counter top and cabinet color selection and the taupe in the grey of the sample worked perfectly with my lighter cabinet color choice (I have two-toned counters with the island being a dark cabinet color). The grey stone that actually arrived does not work as well. For the amount of money paid I’m disappointed because there is no changing it now, and my counters will always look a bit off from my lighter colored cabinets. I think the sample should not be that different from your final product. If a more grey color is what you are looking for you’ll be fine. And in and of themselves they are beautiful. But if you are trying to match something with a little more taupe/brown to it, it won’t work. Don’t trust the sample.

• HU-246711038
    8 months ago

Planning to install with white cabinets in the next month...would love to see backsplash options as have been struggling to find something I like. Thanks

• HU-482688530
    8 months ago

• Cayley Rice
    8 months ago

Thanks for everyone for posting pictures! I've been wrestling with which quartz to go with, and didn't find any good options until I found the OJ. But I just learned I need at least 2 seams for my island b/c it's really big, and was about to ditch the OJ and go with something just as expensive that I don't like nearly enough. The seam pics posted here made me feel better, though if I need 3 seams I'm not sure if I'll still go through with it.

• Jenna Popp
    8 months ago

Where did you order it from ?

• Cayley Rice
    8 months ago

I'm in CA and working with a builder on a new house, so they'll deal with it. We have a few fabricators nearby who can get it, though. We have a Cosentino warehouse/ showroom nearby. If you go to their site, you can find distributors and fabricators.

• casa_de_malcuth
    5 months ago

I have been looking for this countertop for a while, so if anyone knows of a San Diego or CA warehouse/showroom let me know.

• Cayley Rice
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

@casa_de_malcuth - there's a Cosentino showroom off of Miramar Rd. They have a great selection, though I got the last slabs they had in SoCal a few weeks ago. Not sure if they have more, but they should at least have the samples.

• Cayley Rice
    5 months ago

Unrelated to other posts, but maybe of interest. We did a bunch of science experiments on the sample slabs to see if we could get it to stain or etch - tried catsup, lemons, red wine, coffee grounds, beets, mustard, pickled something, and cocoa, and nothing stained. We left them on for over 24hrs, and everything just wiped off. Of particular note was that we did see some mild staining (I think just from the mustard) on a different quartz sample (different manufacturer entirely) so though quartz is great, it's not entirely impervious to bad housekeeping.

• Rob Pandolfo
    3 months ago

Anyone else see a big difference from some of the pics that the OJ seems more white, then all the way to a darker grey in some?

• Mary Shaughnessy
    3 months ago

Mine is definitely more grey.

• HU-330689946
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Watch out.. its way more gray than the provided samples...

😕

• Cayley Rice
    3 months ago

It's much darker than the samples, which made me really sad at first, but after a few weeks and seeing it a handful of time in situ I've come to terms with it. Still looks nice, and looks like natural stone so much more than most quartz, but definitely isn't like the samples.

• Jill McQueeney
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

HU-246711038 Sorry for the late reply but we installed a Carrara marble looking tile (I think it's ceramic) as our backsplash and I love it! It's kind of the reverse of the OJ with white background and gray veining. (Pics below)

• Jill McQueeney
    3 months ago

• Angela G
    last month

We went with a glass tile backsplash

• Stephanie Hardin
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Has anybody had any issues with lines or marks in the OJ. almost like a seam but not. and you cant feel it. My installer has been trying to sand them out and has made things considerably worse.

The island is going to have trim added to it and painted in BM Hale Navy.