SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 11 - 8 - 16

User
7 years ago

There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
Charles Dickens

I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.
Charles Dickens

A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self.
Charles Dickens

An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.
Charles Dickens

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
Charles Dickens

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else.
Charles Dickens

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Charles Dickens

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
Charles Dickens

We forge the chains we wear in life.
Charles Dickens

The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.
Charles Dickens

There is a wisdom of the head, and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

You don't carry in your countenance a letter of recommendation.
Charles Dickens

Bring in the bottled lightning, a clean tumbler, and a corkscrew.
Charles Dickens

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!
Charles Dickens

May not the complaint, that common people are above their station, often take its rise in the fact of uncommon people being below theirs?
Charles Dickens

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
Charles Dickens

Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens

There are strings in the human heart that had better not be vibrated.
Charles Dickens

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.
Charles Dickens

Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own; and from morning to night, as from the cradle to the grave, it is but a succession of changes so gentle and easy that we can scarcely mark their progress.
Charles Dickens

There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
Charles Dickens

It opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper; so cry away.
Charles Dickens

The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
Charles Dickens

Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true.
Charles Dickens

The men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother.
Charles Dickens

Whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do it well; whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself completely; in great aims and in small I have always thoroughly been in earnest.
Charles Dickens

Biography
Nationality: English
Type: Novelist
Born: February 7, 1812
Died: June 9, 1870
Charles Dickens is widely regarded as the best novelist of the Victorian era. His personal life contained the same elements as his novels - social... Read full biography

Sponsored
More Discussions