SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nypatti99

Started installing floating cork floor backward

nypatti99
7 years ago

So, we just started diy ing the install of about 500sf of click lock cork flooring in the bonus room over our garage.Followed the instructions which said put the tongue side toward the wall. Turns out what we thought was the tongue side was actually the groove.

First row went fine (of course, that part is easy), started having a bit more trouble when we got to the second row and had to fit two sides at once. I couldn't figure out why all the videos made it look so easy, but I finally came up with a method that works good enough.

Got about 125sf done today (a few other issues made it pretty slow going) and when I broke for the night, decided to do some more research. Lo and behold, I found out that we started out backward - groove toward the wall...

Does anyone with experience with these kind of floors think I will run into real trouble when I get to the opposite wall? Aside from thinking that we are not that smart... (I know I deserve it...) Can you think of any other problems that could result?

My husband is not really crazy about the floor (thinks it looks cheap and doesn't "fit" with the rest of the house which is all hardwood and tile) but I like it a lot. If I told him we had to pull it up and start over, he would tell me to pull it up and throw it in the garbage.

Any help or encouragement would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Comment (1)