SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

2017 Block Lotto at a Glance

polardream
7 years ago

First of all, this will be the last year Linda and I are going to host the Block Lotto. Start thinking about taking this over for the 2018 year. It isn't that hard to do and it has worked well with two of us hosting.

That said, this is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance to those who have slow-loading computers. Each month there will also be a separate posting for that month, as we've always done. This lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many, or as few, lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. The winner will appreciate your efforts!

Here's the drill:
- each month there will be a designated block, you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks

- Please make the blocks 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation, EXCEPT June and October. They are different sizes. With your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 per lotto month (not per block) to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)

- if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)

- all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

- you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Blocks are to be mailed to Linda. She will arrange the collection and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at linda at schultz-assoc .com

I will post the sign-up for the January Block in December if you want to get a jump on it! Happy stitching.

Sue/Polardream

We've tried to pick blocks that are fun and interesting and simple enough so that you can complete up to three of them in an evening or two. It's our intent that you can use fabric from your stash, without having to go buy something new with the exception of MARCH AND AUGUST where I have specified KONA BLACK because blacks vary so much and we want the blocks to have some consistency. A certain amount of variation is great and it's what gives these group quilts their depth and character, but please, try to stay close enough to the themes so your blocks 'play well with others'.

Note:
- Where it says 'white,' that means solid white, white-on-white, or even a white with a very little bit of color print as long as it reads as white.
- Where it says off-white, beige, cream or tan that means any variation of beige; solids, tone-on-tone, small prints, etc.

The 2017 Blocks are:

January - My Blue Heaven - 12" Block - White on White / Medium Blue

My Blue Heaven Instructions

February - Coxey's Camp - 12" Block - Light tan/brown/turquoise

Coxey's Camp Instructions

March - Box Kite - 12" Block - White on white/ Kona Black / ANY Polka Dot

Box Kite Instructions

APRIL - Cracker - 12" Block - White on White and any 1930s print

Cracker Instructions - Be sure to follow the instructions that place the White in the center as shown!!!

May - Mississippi - 12" Block - Cream and any Batik - Pay attention to color changes!

Mississippi Instructions -

June - Scrappy Triangle - 6-1/2 x 9" Block - White on white and brights

Scrappy Triangle Tutorial Instructions

I had to combine 2 pictures because Houzz will only let me post 10 photos so July and August are pictured below.)

July - Crossroads 2 - 12" Block - White on White and Red/Blue (Patriotic 4th of July)

Crossroads 2 Instructions

August - Clown Patch - 12" Block - White on White / Kona Black / Scrappy Brights

Clown Patch Instructions

September - Tennessee - 12" Block - Cream/Scrappy Fall

Tennessee Instructions

October - Milky Way - 15" Block - Cream/ Black - Black-on-black/Gold print (batik)

Milky Way Instructions

November - Calico Puzzle - 12" Block - Cream /Light-Dark Purple, or Cream/ Light-Dark Green

Calico Puzzle Instructions

Comments (21)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH