SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pump_toad

HBO,Startz or Netflix ?

pump_toad
7 years ago

I am getting very tired of the same old channels on TV and am thinking about adding a movie channel for something different and wonder if you have any of these what you prefer.

Comments (11)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    7 years ago

I had all the movie channels from direct tv hbo, showtime, starz, etc and dropped all of them because there was never anything worth watching for the cost. I can just buy one from on demand or whatever if I find one I want and save a lot of money. We rarely watch movies we do watch a lot of tv shows though. on occasion if a really special movie comes out on blu ray we buy it.

I watch Crackle free on my tablet sometimes. I don't use any of the streaming services at this time.

pump_toad thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • dedtired
    7 years ago

I like Netflix. I also have Amazon Prime. Right now I have a free month of HBO and there isn't much I want to see. I am moderately interested in the Sarah Jessica Parker series called Divorce on HBO and I used to watch Game of Thrones but it is so oong between seasons, I lost interest. I recommend Netflix.

One of these days I am going to get rid of cable. What a pile of junk for a lot of money.

pump_toad thanked dedtired
  • User
    7 years ago

Amen about cable. We stream A LOT. Amazon Prime, Netflix, Epix, Acorn.

Acorn is amazing. The quality of the shows on the above is generally well beyond what you view on network.

pump_toad thanked User
  • User
    7 years ago

go with Netflix, they add new stuff all the time an have their own shows

pump_toad thanked User
  • socks
    7 years ago

I've only ever had Netflix. It's ok. It costs $11 to go to a movie in a theater, and Netflix is $9.99 a month. My son can also watch on my account, so I feel we are getting our money's worth.

Never heard of Acorn. I'll check it out.

pump_toad thanked socks
  • FlamingO in AR
    7 years ago

We get Starz so we can watch Outlander. This is thru DirecTv.

pump_toad thanked FlamingO in AR
  • caflowerluver
    7 years ago

We have Directv as our main TV. We subscribed to HULU, Amazon and Netflix. We are dropping HULU at the end of the month because they don't carry the CW network any more. That was the main reason we got it. I think Netflix is the best deal for the amount of shows we watch, with Amazon a close second.

pump_toad thanked caflowerluver
  • mare_wbpa
    7 years ago

A big vote for Netflix. I've had it for years. I can usually find something to watch. I never liked NCIS on cable, but I started to watch on Netflix and am hooked on it. They have all 13 seasons. I watched Bluebloods the same way. I don't usually binge watch, just 1 or 2 episodes a nite. Well worth the money IMHO.

pump_toad thanked mare_wbpa
  • cooper8828
    7 years ago

We have Amazon prime and it's easy to purchase something that's not free. Otherwise we always have either Netflix or Hulu on all the time. We just alternate the two when it starts to get stale.

pump_toad thanked cooper8828
  • cacocobird
    7 years ago

I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Acorn. Acorn shows British shows, and I tend to prefer them. They all have shows that only they show. I originally got Netflix to watch Longmire. My TV died a couple of weeks ago. Replacement is coming tomorrow, but I was glad that I had all the other channels on my computer -- used them a lot.