SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Meyer Lemon Questions

midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I purchased a Meyer Lemon tree in a one-gallon pot this Spring. It has flowered profusely and at one point had 7 golf-ball sized fruit on it. Two dropped off - one had a bit of a tear on the peel where it was attached. The branches are bending a bit with the last fruit on it. I repotted it at the beginning of the summer into a ceramic 14" pot when it went out to the deck for the summer. It has had lots of sun, water and warmth. It is inside now.

It's new home, for the winter, is warm and very sunny. The leaves are glossy and green, as were the fruit, till a few days ago,. The ones at the forefront of the picture are starting to yellow. So, my question is: are they rIpening or dying? I cannot find how long it takes for the them to ripen, tbh. Also, it had a lot of granular fertilizer in it when I purchased it, and I have not fed it myself. I'm not sure what to feed it going forward....should I put in stakes to support the branches, or will the weight strengthen then. This is a strange beast for me, and I want it to continue to thrive.

TIA for your comments and help. Nancy.

Comments (5)