SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
realjoy

Need Help With Designing Tiny Old Kitchen & Laundry

realjoy
7 years ago

Hi All,

One day after moving into my grandparents home (which we now own) a tree fell on the house! It is a 1953 ranch in East Texas. The positive side to this is now the home will get 2016 electrical. It will also allow me to make some updates to the interior, including the kitchen. The bad news is that it has a TINY kitchen with an adjoining laundry and I have to use the existing footprint. Unfortunately, I need to have layout decided by Monday morning (thanks to my GC ugh) so that the electrician can wire.

I would like to somehow make it more functional and have more storage. I would love to move the fridge, but cant figure out how to accomplish that in this space. I had the old wall between the dining and kitchen removed and planned to put an open counter there instead, since the old kitchen only had counter on each side of the sink. At least that would allow some prep area. Basically, its a clean slate! I am open to any and all ideas. I can have an interior walls added, and MAY be able to remove certain ones, but I cannot expand exterior walls. I need help with cabinet size & placement...appliance layout...lighting...everything! I have attached a basic layout with dimensions. The ceilings are 8'. I had just bought a brand new 30" gas range, so I do need to use that. Thanks in advance!!!

Comments (14)