SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karin_leung

Double Return Curtain Rods - please help!

Karin Leung
7 years ago

I have a question about return or wraparound curtain rods. I want to purchase return rods for my bedroom (not necessarily the ones pictured here) because I'm trying to achieve maximum darkness so I love the idea of getting my curtains as close to the wall as possible. However, the curtains I'm planning to purchase do not come with blackout lining, nor am I interested in sewing a blackout liner to them. So, my next best solution is to use a double rod and buy a separate blackout curtain. However, I'm confused about the effectiveness of this solution, since the blackout curtain would be on the inner rod, closest to the window. Does this defeat the purpose of using a return rod? The regular curtain on the outer rod, would not be able to "wrap" all the way to the window anyhow because of where the inner rod is attached. I hope my question makes sense. I guess what I'm wondering, is that since I'm using both a blackout curtain (closest to the window) and a regular curtain (facing into the room), does a regular double curtain rod do the same thing as this return/wraparound rod (while also giving me more design choices and finials to add to my decor).

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (6)