SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cslaughter27

Floor Plan-before and after, also kitchen island/spacing reassurance?

cslaughter27
7 years ago

Hi, I am hoping to get some reassurance on my kitchen cabinet/island layout/spacing. I attached the original version of the floor plan, along with my updated version *which is the final that was sent for structural engineering* However, I know I can still change cabinets, island size, over hangs etc. I'm guessing that having second thoughts/doubts is pretty normal.

My main concern is that the kitchen will feel cramped or not have enough room to move around with seating. The distance from the island to sink is 42" and the distance from island to opposite counter is 44". Would really like some advice if you think there is something non-structural that I could change, or encouragement if you like it.

Original island was 3x5, new island is 3'6"x7' with two 18" overhangs *see island drawing*

I have photos of the house as per original floor plan that I can attach for reference.

If you have a similar size/layout kitchen, roughly 15x15, and want to post pictures please do.

feedback on my other plan changes welcome for fun :) spot the differences!

THANKS!!

ORIGINAL PLANS:

REVISED PLANS:

*disclaimer: the two bedroom's windows were moved for the covered porch roof gables, not my choice. "Living" room will serve as a dining room.

SOME CABINET DRAWINGS:

ORIGINAL PLAN KITCHEN:

Comments (19)