SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kkopec

Will I miss my double wall oven if I go for steam?

kkopec
7 years ago

Hi!

We are beginning a kitchen remodel. It looks like we will be purchasing a lot of Thermador appliances as part of the 1, 2 free program (and my husband loves the fridge/freezer columns). We are able to get a steam oven at half price with the purchase of the columns. I am thinking of getting the 30 inch Theramdor professional wall oven and placing the Thermador steam convection oven on top of it. We are going with a rangetop, so I will now only have 1 full size wall oven. The Thermador steam/convection is small but I've blown my budget on my countertops so I can't justify 2 wall ovens + a steam from wolf or miele. There is this model from viking that is reasonable and I could place under the counter in my island where my microwave is going, i just feel like 3 ovens is overkill. Viking VCS0210SS

I am excited about steam since I cook a lot of vegetables and fish. I can count on one hand the amount of time I have had both of my full size oven going at once - when I'm baking a ton of cookies?

We are not planning on moving any time soon so I'm not worried about re-sale.

Will I miss my 2nd full size wall oven?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Comments (7)