SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Predator Nematodes?

Cori Ann - H0uzz violated my privacy
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Anyone have experience with double death predatory nematodes from Nature's Control? http://www.naturescontrol.com/predatornematodes.html

I found a ginormous amount of grubs in my front yard soil yesterday when I was moving some island snapdragons that weren't doing well. I mean GINORMOUS! At least 50 grubs a square foot. I picked as many as I could out, but I found so many I think I would have to dig up my whole yard to really make a difference. I had some raccoons removed from under the house earlier this year. And I haven't noticed the wild turkeys in my area lately. So the grubs must have just taken over. I have no lawn on my whole property though, so finding grubs like this really surprised me. I didn't go digging around my roses because they all seem fine, but with this many grubs I want to be proactive.

I haven't noticed a beetle infestation yet, which is another reason I want to be proactive.

I really try not to use chemicals and go more the permaculture route. I don't want to use something like Bayer, but this infestation is out of control.

Which brings me to nematodes. Anyone have any experience or tips for me?

Where on earth did all the wild turkeys go in my area? They could get so plump feasting in my yard! I wish I had friends with chickens. :(

Comments (41)